It is imperative to be proactive in taking control of 401(k) plans from previous employers.
- Your investment choices are limited based on what is available in the plan.
- It is difficult to customize a truly diversified portfolio with limited investment choices in most 401(k) plans.
- The fees in the investment options can be higher than other potential investments.
- You can be subject to a plan administrator change if your previous employer switches firms.
- Beneficiary designations might be outdated.
You worked extremely hard for your savings. Don't limit your options and flexibility by leaving it with your old employer. Take control of your future and roll your assets into an IRA today.